Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Looking Ahead

Our final exam schedules finally came out the Thursday in the week before spring break.  The University certainly took its time about this and it hurt us a bit in trying to plan travels after the semester especially since almost everybody I wanted to travel with was gone during spring break.  But we talked friday night before break and got a rough idea, I worked on plans throughout the break, and yesterday we finally were able to go down to the Quantas agent in Perth and extend our ticket home.  Notre Dame has a deal with Quantas that allows us to add stopovers in cities on the way back to LAX for a reduced price.  After a very long morning at the Quantas builing we eventually got all of our flights booked for the way back to the states.  My plans are to fly out to Cairns first and stay there a couple of days, then hit up Sydney for a handful more, and the fly into Christchurch, New Zealand and travel all around the south and north island for 10 days.  This is the part of my study abroad experience that I have been looking forward to the whole semester.  I cannot wait to hike and drive all around New Zealand seeing the one country that I have wanted to visit forever.

Classes are going pretty well at this point.  I have most of my assessment work done until finals except for one lab report and one paper.  But other than that I just have three and a half more weeks of lecture and then I am done with classes.  This weekend our Dorm is having a ball on Saturday, next weekend we have our last Notre Dame sponsored trip down to Margaret River (same area that I had gone for spring break) for the weekend (+ friday), and after that I really don't know what but I only have two free weekends left. 

I cannot really tell you where the semester has gone because it seems to be flying by and before I know it, it will be Dec 9 and I will have to come back to the states.  The best parts of my experience down here are coming up though and I will  try to enjoy every moment up until then of my time down here instead of only looking forward to these after-school travels.  Time to head off to psych (this class is terribly boring however and I would rather be managing my three combined 10-2 fantasy football teams or continuing this blog)

2 comments:

  1. Yeah there is going to be a huge upset this week. Donut Dynasty (1-3) is going to have a breakout game against the Skitzophrenics (4-0). Actually my team blows, I don't know how they got to be so bad...

    ReplyDelete
  2. your team is not going to upset mine this week. The paranoid group is too good. However Im still open to trades from you to improve your team since I have a wealth of talent

    ReplyDelete